WorldTimeServer Clock

Nairobi

Monday, February 25, 2008

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

I have been out of work for two months. This, as one may guess, is a bit out of my plans. However, the wait may be over. I see light at the end of the tunnel.
One option is right here in Nairobi working with a church doing social service work, including an HIV department. It is nearby, a well-run organization, and I could help their HIV ministry with my prior experience.
The other option is Kijabe Hospital, about an hour outside of Nairobi. The mission hospital has an HIV unit, which includes community work like I was doing in Kibera. I visited there today, and it is a solid organization, with a lot of experience behind it and a lot of work ahead of it. However, this would require me moving and I would have to work out housing, which is tight up there.
Join with me in prayer, as I seek the Lord with what to do. My selfishness in me says that I want to live here at home for the remaining time, but that I also want to work at Kijabe to gain some more knowledge. But I am reminded that it's not ME who has to make decisions on my own, but I have an all-knowing Father who I can ask, and who will grant me all wisdom if only I ask.

No comments: