WorldTimeServer Clock

Nairobi

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Again and Forever

Let's imagine (as I'm in the habit of doing) that Heaven is real. It's a real place, and one day it will really exist in the physical form and will never die away. All inhabitants of it will never die away, and they will be in perfect harmony together.
Imagine that everyone who loves God on earth will go to this place.
This is my solace and my hope while preparing to leave here. I have three weekends left on this continent and there are so many people that I want to spend all my time with. Since this is impossible, chances are, I'll see most people only a few more times before going. And chances are, they will be the last.
I really don't like relationships because they constantly need to come to an end. But if Heaven is real, if everyone who loves God on earth will love Him forever in a place, then it need not be the end. That means that I may say goodbye to Ebby here, but I'll be able to ask her about her baby one day when all is finished. That means that I'll see how many lives Hyda touched here on earth, or that I'll be able to talk to Genesis all day every day for 10,000 years. What is the biggest joy, which also will produce the biggest pain for now, is that I'll see Arthur again. I trusted my life to him (truly was that tested in January) and he has become closer than a brother to me. If we don't get the chance to see each other here again (something I will actively fight against) it's okay. Because Heaven is real. Eternity is real. And one day, I'll see my brethren there, gathered around the throne, and we will talk endlessly and there will be no more goodbyes.
Hallelujah.

No comments: