WorldTimeServer Clock

Nairobi

Sunday, September 2, 2007

Two months and what am I doing?

New mission: update blog...ever.
So my sister informed me that though my family knows I'm over here, they don't know what I'm doing. So here's a daily itinerary that is supposed to be my schedule. That is to say, recently it has been like so, but more often than not there has been exceptions.
7:15 - Stumble out of bed
7:30 - Get coffee or tea, breakfast, retreat to my room for devotions
8:30 - Leave for Kibera
9:00 - Arrive at the office, have devotions on Tuesdays and Fridays, pick three people to visit
10:00 - 12:30 - Visitations
1:00 - Have lunch (Mondays and Tuesdays have a literacy student for an hour first)
3:00ish - Head back home
4:00ish - Get home (**notice the time it takes to get home is twice as long as going--more people to greet)
4:30 - Check mail (hint, hint), have some tea
5:30 - Help make dinner
8:00 - Watch movie, chat with the passing short-termers, or read The Idiot
10:30 - Lights out
So this doesn't describe Saturday or Sunday, which aren't so filled and varies even more than the above time schedule. Now, consider yourselves informed.
Mark 1:40 "A man with leprosy came to [Jesus] and begged him on his knees, 'If you are willing, you can make me clean.' "
Marko 1:40 "Akaja mtu mwenye ukoma, akapiga magoti mbele ya Yesu akamsihi, 'Ukitaka, unaweza kunitakasa.' "

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Snail mail, I know, is a thing of the past. But there are some who have asked me for your "street address." Post it in your blog...send it via email...hint, hint...whatever works!
How's the ice cream?

Anonymous said...

Lovely Melissa Berg!

I have discovered your blog! This is exciting. You sure have a good chunk of time for intimate conversation and study with Him - I am so happy for you! I have come to believe that business is the enemies lie to keep us tied up and away from such necessary solitude with Jesus. Protect that time, girl! I'm finally getting it.

Woah, Promiseland is quadrupling - from 6-8 kids to 25 (ah!). This year, we're going to be taking a weekly offering - cool right?! And it's going toward you! I was thinking, as we officially present this next week, would you be willing to write Promiseland a letter to share with these 9 and 10 year olds what you're up to and more importantly, what God's up to? I think it'd be powerful - bet they never got a letter from a missionary before!

I leave you for now, but thought I'd share with you this verse that has been ministering greatly to my soul lately: Mark 6:30-32

"The apostles returned to Jesus and told him all that they had done and taught. And he said to them, "Come away by yourselves to a desolate place and rest a while." For many were coming and going, and they had no leisure even to eat. And they went away in the boat to a desolate place by themselves."

I'm back at Temple - full throttle ahead - and the war is greater this semester. But it's in His hands! And He has been of great comfort - may we continue in Spirit to speak with His boldness, proclaiming and not debating for and in the name of Jesus Christ for His Glory to be KNOWN! AMEN! I love you, sister.