WorldTimeServer Clock

Nairobi

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Milestones

On Monday, I have officially been out of the States for 3 months. On Tuesday, I officially have been in country for 3 months. And on Wednesday, Cameron Guy Saunders, 7 1/2 lbs, 20 in., was born.
I am adjusting to my new world here. I have a full house, with 5 girls under one roof. My project, as you can read, has moved, and yet I still know which direction to go home in in the midst of the
maze of Kibera. Curfews, new foods, different currency, different humor.
My nephew, Cameron, is adjusting to a new world, too. They say that there's nothing exciting about the first few months of a baby's life, and I guess that's true. But just crying, sleeping, and pooping sounds like Heaven when you can't be there for it. He will have to adjust to his new life in New Jersey without his Aunt Sa. It's happened before. But I hear that it can cause serious problems down the line, unless there is an intervention, say, around 9 months old??
Congratulations, Lesley and Billy!! (and Angel and Erynn, big sis'!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Auntie! Quite possibly Lesley will permit you to "catch up" on your Auntie duties and change some of those diapers when you return?!