WorldTimeServer Clock

Nairobi

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Living for what?

Do you know about Myspace? Some of my friends tell me that it's a good place to meet up with old friends. Tonight, I spent some time looking through some of my old friends" Myspaces, and oh, MY, indeed. A few of them have seemed to find their way, but mostly, they seem to be the same frustrated teenagers from 5 years ago! I'm not really saying this to point fingers. Actually, some of the stories of what people were up to broke my heart. Repeatedly, I see "I live for me" or some variation of that, or "my life was made complete when I found ____." Is their idea of life out of sync? Yes! They are being lied to, they have the wool drawn over their eyes! Praise God that I no longer "live for myself" or for "Mr. X." I live for the One who lived and died for me--Jesus Christ.
I guess I kept thinking the whole time of what if I had a Myspace (no, Suze.) What would people say about how different my life is now? How drastically different. I could get prideful and say, look at me, Clayton kids, look what I'm doing. But what did I really do?
In church this week, we talked about the grace of God, that all the work that was done to earn me the Truth that my old friends don't have, that work was done at the cross, in one day, and not me working, no gift or talent of my own gained this knowledge, but only the work done on that beautiful Calvary Hill. What makes me so different that I know and they don't? The grace and pleasure of God. I was blind just like them. And now, thank you, Jesus, I see.
We're all missionaries to this dark world. Let your light shine.

No comments: