WorldTimeServer Clock

Nairobi

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Giraffes, Thanksgiving, and Presidents

My, I've been meaning to post, and I will just have to do without pictures for the sake of actually giving an update.
Well, I've been having many big days here. Saturday, I was a tourist to the tee. I went to the giraffe sanctuary, elephant orphanage, and the Bomas of Kenya. I have a picture of me kissing a giraffe (it was amazing, Jason) and there's a hotel where the giraffes can peek their heads inside the doors and windows for a low price of $500 USD a night. We also hit the elephant orphanage, where we saw elephants three y.o. and below and a rhino that was roaming about. The Bomas of Kenya is a tourist area where you can check out the different tribal living of the tribes in Kenya, and had AMAZING tribal dancing, where I decided that Kikuyu is a beautiful language.
Monday, we had a big Thanksgiving dinner--for Canada. No turkey, but it was still a great holiday meal.
Today, all of Kenya has off for Moi Day. Moi was the second president of Kenya and declared a day for himself. The first president, Kenyatta, also announced his own day, which is the 20th this month. Sadly, it's on a Saturday.
I promise pictures, really, honestly. Just not now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As you pick and choose pictures for your next post, you should consider that we all want a photo of you and Mr.Giraffe!