WorldTimeServer Clock

Nairobi

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Kenyan Ten

I'm not sure if it's the altitude, or the Kenyan food, or the Equator's gravitational pull, but there is the Kenyan Ten. Here, anyone who comes gains ten pounds, and I am more than victim. Sure, you can blame it on the chai, which is part milk, part water, part sugar. Sure, blame it on the carbohydrate diet full of chipati and ugali. But I'm not so convinced. After all, I walk ten miles a day. But whatever it is, I've had to retire a few skirts since I've been here, and when I buy more, look for elastic waist or wrap skirts, the icon of missionary fashion (see Shayla's blog, www.shaylatoafrica.blogspot.com, Signs, Phrases, Isms, and Comic Relief).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AAYYYY Jeno Lako! Wish I could visit but I don't know that I could commit to the Kenyan Ten. Yikes! More of Melissa to love! Guess we won't send the mac n/cheese and creamy soups, honey!
We miss you, Love!