WorldTimeServer Clock

Nairobi

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Winter Heat and Other Christmas Atrocities

What is going on? While you are all cold, and miserable, or maybe not miserable if you're one of those Canadian or Swiss folk, I'm BAKING in the sun. Right now, it's a cool 7 at night, but got the doors and windows open, and in a minute, I'm going to get my clothes from off the line. I have been able to get a tan (working on it for the trip to the coast in January) the past couple of days, so now it actually looks like I've been in Kenya for 6 months! Still, I miss the busy holiday rush, and (imagine!) the traffic. There are a few lights strung here or there, but no constant cycle of Christmas carols. But Christmas is still coming. I feel like I'm in Whoville. Man, you would think that Christmas is more than just about the marketing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We've sent you ill-prepared! No fake snow, Alvin & the Chipmunks, twinkle lights,etc! I just bought a Rudolph (as in the reindeer) CD and am willing to send it along with other more traditional hymns if you wish! I'm sure you are enjoying the warmth of the weather and the warm hearts of your new people and friends. Love you! Di