WorldTimeServer Clock

Nairobi

Monday, January 28, 2008

Rice-a-roni, the Cross, and Irish Mafia

This can only mean one thing...I got my packages! Yes, that's right, not one package, not two, my friends. No, no, I got THREE packages! Thank you, darling Rob, and thank you care team, especially the Dybecks! I got socks! I got soup mixes! I got chocolate (including German and Lindt truffles...as if there were any other kind). I got kitchen knives! I got gummy bears! I got two Piper books, the sermon series of "The Cross", and "The Departed." Praise the Lord for the senders. It's fun and adventurous to be the "go-ers" of the mission world. But how beautiful are the senders.
Plus, I just watched three episodes of The Office. With my chocolate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is faithful! We had our doubts about the arrival of those little necessities! Enjoy the blessings; they seem so small. Did you get your grandma's package?
Love, Di

Anonymous said...

Melissa I am praying for you and your safety and your courage while you are there. Much love my sister and I miss you soooo much. Take care of yourself and continue to be the wonderful light I know you are being.